> I am using NetBeans 6.5.1 as my development environment and Cygwin (GNU)
> C++.

What does this mean? Do you program in C++ inside NetBeans?

> If the DLL is all that I need, could someone give me a hint as to how to
> link to it in NetBeans?
> All my NetBeans work to date has been in Java and I just create a library
> that points to a jar file.

This is much clearer. You cannot link DLL into java right away. You
have to create some JNI wrapper for that. But maybe it's much better
for you to get JDBC driver for SQLite or you can use any other
approach for java presented here:
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers.

Pavel