page size is max (32768).  These sqlt files are around 100Gig with 200
million rows.
I have query_cache set to 0.

I am running single queries against these attach tables and then putting the
data in memcached.  The script runs thousands of queries before it runs out
of memory.  If I use the same width table ( a product of all 3 attached
tables, flattened into 1 table) and run it with the same script I have no
memory issues.  I am hoping there is something I am missing with caching and
attach.  Maybe a pragma or something?

2009/9/25 P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 3:30 PM, John Lynch <johntly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sqlite Users,
> >
> > I am using sqliute user for a very large customer database.  I have 3
> > seperate DB files with a table in each file.  The files are cust,acct,
> and
> > web.
> >
> > Each DB table has  ~ 200 Million Rows.  When I attach web and acct to
> cust
> > with perl DBI/DBD::Sqlite the process runs out of memory on windows (2G
> > 32bit process limit).  The memory usage grows out of control while
> querying
> > all table joined together via the attach.
> >
> > When I used a flattened table of the same data (ie create table as select
> *
> > from ...) via same attach to create the flattened table.  I have no
> > problems.
> >

> Are you running out of memory when you ATTACH, or when you actually
> perform a specific query? If the only difference between your two
> instances is "ATTACH," and you are doing everything exactly the same
> and running out of memory with ATTACH and not without ATTACH, then
> there is something going on at the point of ATTACH. More info from you
> will shed light on this.
>
> Besides providing more info on this here, you might also want to ask
> this question at perlmonks, in case this is a Perl-specific issue.
>

> > Any ideas on how to reduce the memory consumption when using attach?
> >
> > Thank You
> >
> > --
> > --
> > John Lynch