I have "The Definitive Guide to SQLite" and it has jump
started me with databases. (the index could stand a lot
of improvement though).

I am looking for a "quick start" example of the normalization
case where one table has an index into another table of
unique values. The book has an example, but they seem to leave
it to the user to figure out the sql of creating and populating
two such tables in a real live case. At least it isn't clear to
me yet from the book. With what I know, I could probably do this
in a very pedestrian manner now, but I'm sure there are elegant
ways that have emerged from experience that I don't have yet.

I just downloaded the sql for the book, but I think that will
be the hard way to learn this. I assume this will be covered in
many books on sql, not just sqlite, but I'm new to programming
databases and could use a pointer to a clear example of it.

Is there a good guide or example of this on line somewhere?

Thanks!!!