> Is there a way around this?

No, there's no way around this. If you want to freely create and drop
tables and then propagate these changes to other database then I think
the easiest way to do it for you is dump the whole database and then
create second database from scratch. Or you can write some analyzer of
dump's output that will find what was changed when compared to the
previous dump.

Pavel