When I create my own "stored procedures" using sqlite3_create_function, I get
horrible performance (which I expected) even though the column of interest is
INDEXED.

Consider this sample (it's stupid, but it shows my problem):

SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE IS_MY_BIRTHDAY(IndexedDate);

IS_MY_BIRTHDAY returns 1 when the date is my birthday. Now, inside this
function, if I encounter a date greater than my birthday, then I want to tell
SQLite to stop searching, since the date is indexed.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks.