On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Dan Bishop wrote:

> Microsoft Excel has a similar problem.  I ran into it back when I was
> working in a credit union and tried to import a CSV file containing credit
> card numbers.  Wouldn't have noticed except that credit card numbers are
> 16 digits long and double only has 15 digits of precision.

   Excel also has an incorrect formula for Net Present Value. Lotus 1-2-3 had
an incorrect formula for standard deviation (they used the population
formula rather than the sample formula).

   I don't use any M$ software, but when I need to import large numbers into
a spreadsheet (I use XessSE), it's always as text.

Rich