On 25 Nov 2009, at 12:26pm, Antti Nietosvaara wrote:

> Simon Slavin wrote:
>> I assume your database file is on your boot volume.  What operating system
>> are you using ?
>>

> Actually the database is alone in its own partition.

Ah.  That's better in some ways.  But I think you're still better off taking
the standard measures one takesf any partition.  Ignore the fact that it's a
SQLite database.  Use some sort of standard monitoring tool (there are many) to
email/SMS you when the amount of free space on that partition drops below a
certain number of bytes.  When that happens do human-type things to free some
space, e.g. SQLite's VACUUM operation, or deleting old records or whatever.

Simon.