On 30.11.2009 20:33, Grzegorz Wierzchowski wrote:
> Monday 30 of November 2009 12:29:10 Ralf Junker napisaƂ(a):
>> I am passing various arguments to sqlite3_tokenizer_module.xCreate. In case
>> they are invalid, I would like to return an explaining error message in
>> addition to SQLITE_ERROR. I did not find a way to do this. Is it at all
>> possible?
>>
>> Thanks, Ralf
>
> The last argument of xCreate() is  char **pzErr.
> It is exactly designed for the purpose you describe.
> See also description in doc-zip: sqlite-3_6_18-docs/vtab.html, or
> http://www.sqlite.org/vtab.html

Thank you for your answer! I believe you are mixing up the virtual table
sqlite3_module.xCreate() in sqlite3.h and
sqlite3_tokenizer_module.xCreate() in fts3_tokenizer.h.

The latter does not have the pzErr argument:

struct sqlite3_tokenizer_module {

<snip>

int (*xCreate)(
     int argc,                           /* Size of argv array */
     const char *const*argv,             /* Tokenizer argument strings */
     sqlite3_tokenizer **ppTokenizer     /* OUT: Created tokenizer */
   );

So I believe my question remains unanswered. Any suggestion, anyone?

Ralf