Thanks for the answers. At the first place I wanted to use rowid to save
space (since rowids always exist). After reading the replies I changed
declaration of ID to the one without AUTOINCREMENT and manually fill the
consecutive values starting current max(rowid)+1. So rowids still used but
now they're under my full control.

I have a query "INSERT ... SELECT" and after it performed it I have to to