On 31 Jan 2010, at 2:19pm, james pruett wrote:

> I am having trouble getting any results using this query. This returns
> none....
>
> select * from signs where lon>-121 and lon<-119;
>
> onCreate(SQLiteDatabase db) {
>      db.execSQL("CREATE TABLE " + TABLE_NAME + " (" + _ID
>            + " INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, " + TIME
>            + " VARCHAR(45), " + TAGG
>            + " VARCHAR(45), " + LAT
>            + " FLOAT      , " + LON

SQLite does not have a 'FLOAT' type (or indeed a VARCHAR type).  See

http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

and define your 'lon' column as REAL.  Also see further down the page: sqlite
does not actually do column types: you could define a column as REAL but still
put a string into that column of one row.  So make sure that your numbers are
actually being stored as numbers, not strings, by testing the method you use to
create a row.  You can do this by creating a row, then using the function
'typeof(lon)'.  If you did it right, that should return 'real'.  If you didn't,
it might return 'text'.

Simon.