Pavel,
Thank you very much for your email. I greatly appreciate
your knowledge on the internal workings of Sqlite and your kindness to share
it.

>All incremental writing is committed (and thus is written to disk)
>when blob handle is closed. And even when you close the handle
>transaction is committed only when there's no more blob handles or
>SELECT statements open at the moment on the same connection.

I would never guess that SELECT dependency, never!

I checked my code. But as far as I can tell I have all SELECT statements are
finalized
by sqlite3_finalize() and not held by sqlite3_reset(). I have only one blob
handle and I am opening and
closing it when I SELECT another record from the table.

Incremental changes are done for sure, I can come back to the
modified record read it within program and new data is in. But when an external
program reads the same database it does not see the changes till my program
exits.

1) What else can prevent incremental data to be written to the hard drive?

2) Is there a way to force a write to the hard drive?

Thank you for reading. Any comment greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Samuel