> Also it's quite known that
> creating index after inserting all rows is much faster than creating
> index before that. So it can be even beneficial in inserting huge
> amount of rows somewhere in the middle of the work: first delete all
> indexes, then insert rows, then create indexes once more.

Pavel, please add some reference (for example from docs or drh), my tests
showed that for large data there almost no difference in speed. And at the
first place I thought that the algorithm is really different, now I almost
sure that building index from scratch is just enumerating records building
the tree. CMIIW

Max