Dear Sqlite users,

we experience a problem at a customer site, where the very first
statement the program executes on a newly created database failes with a
"database locked" error. The statement that failes is "PRAGMA
synchronous = OFF". The reason seems to be that the customer inists on
placing the database file on a network file system. However, other such
scenarios work, becausw the the app is single threaded with one
connection, no other processes access the database file.

The sqlite version is 3.2.5 (upgrading is not an option, unfortunately),
I compiled using the amalgamation without special #Defines.

The Machine is SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Kernel:
2.6.16.60-0.54.5, gcc version 4.1.2
The NFS Software used is limal-nfs-server (LiMaL NFS Server Library)
Version 1.1.72, the customer also mentions a "Celerra NS-40 F" by "EMC",
which seems to be an external storage system, and NFS version 4 protocol.

Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this? Thank you for any comments.

Martin