On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM, HLS <sant9...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   dim f as TFileRecord
>   dim tid as integer
>   dim n as integer = 0
>   LoginSystem()
>   if GetFirstFileRec(FileNameAreaKey, f, tid) then
>      do
>       inc(n)
>      ... do something ...
>      loop while GetNextFileRec(FileNameAreaKey, f, tid)
>   end if
>
> Our customers have many scripts like this for their needs.  So this is
> what I are trying to accomplish here - how to keep a persistent
> SQLITE3 cursor per thread context for the current API implementation.

Once approach is to queue any updates/deletes when the database is
locked with a select request.  So when a fetch ends (like in the
GetNextxxxx function), it will check to see for any pending updates
and process them.

Does that sound like a viable approach with SQLITE3?

Hmmmmm, this would not address possible client code that can break
from a loop before reaching the end of select query.

--
hls