Tim,

Regarding:  "I guess when do the transaction, the database was duplicated, and
it caused no free disk space"

Unless you do something such as "vacuum" the database should not actually be
duplicated.  A      rollback journal file,
though, **is** created.
    (details at http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html and elsewhere)

Others on this list can likely give better advice, but I wondered if:
   1) Perhaps deleting only part of the table in multiple transactions would
help.
   2) If your operating system allows it, you might experiment with applying
transparent compression to the database directory and perhaps more.
   3) If #2 is not feasible, would applying compression yourself to certain
data fields be worthwhile?

I assume you're working with an embedded device of some sort which would
explain such severe memory constraints?

Donald