http://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

       "...file locking logic of many network filesystems implementation
       contains bugs (on both Unix and Windows). If file locking does
       not work like it should, it might be possible for two or more
       client programs to modify the same part of the same database at
       the same time, resulting in database corruption. Because this
       problem results from bugs in the underlying filesystem
       implementation, there is nothing SQLite can do to prevent it."

So you better access SQLite DB always via Apache Web Server.

Pavel