On Mar 29, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Kevin M. wrote:

> However, this method breaks down if a store a 16-bit integer value
> like "99" and SQLite stores it internally as an 8-bit value (to save
> space) and subsequently retrieves it and gives me a value of 1 for
> sqlite3_column_bytes().

I think you are misunderstanding what sqlite3_column_bytes() does....

The sqlite3_column_bytes() function converts the result (an integer in
your case) into a string, then returns the number of bytes in that
string, exclusive of the final nul terminator.

SQLite does not provide a means to determine the number of bytes of
underlying storage used for a value.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com