>Both of these tools show a version of the database that is different
>from what i see in the command line and they are equivalent in their
>discrepancies (they are different from the command line but the same
>as each other).
>
>So heres the basica scenario:
>
>1. i update my database with the code i wrote
>2. those changes are reflected in the command line
>3. those changes are not reflected in Lita/SEP
>
>1. I update information in Lita/SEP on that same database file
>2. those changes are reflected in Lita/SEP
>3. those changes are not reflected in the command line

I use SEP heavily and never had such issue.  I don't use Lita so I
can't comment on it.
Sorry to ask the obvious: have you double-checked you are using the
same physical file in the CLI and in SEP?

Only times when SEP doesn't reflect actual DB content is when you have
the Data or View open and have other processes change the
table/view.  Obviously you have to hit Refresh to see the changes
appear.  Beside that, I don't see how that can happen.