Hello,

I'm looking for a way to force sqlite to do its internal "phase one
commit", which apparently flushes dirty pages to disk without committing
the journal. This way I can minimize the time spent in the "phase two
commit", which is the point at which the journal is unlinked and the
changes become permanent.

I need this in a package manager to synchronize a sqlite database with a
journal of changes made to a filesystem. Currently if an interrupt
arrives during a long commit I have no way to know whether the commit
was successful, and thus whether to commit or roll back the filesystem
journal. If I could flush the dirty pages first, then the actual commit
is short enough to be effectively instantaneous and there's little
chance of an interrupt arriving at the same time.

Would it be possible to expose this first phase via a C or SQL API?

Thanks!

--
Michael Tharp
rPath, Inc.