On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 08:17:11AM +0100, Ben scratched on the wall:

> Also, is there any information on the newer format for curious users?
> I can only see a single paragraph on it at:
> http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html

  That's all there is to it.  v4 added a different encoding for
  integers that allows the values 0 and 1 to be stored with one less
  byte.  There is also support for descending indexes, which I assume
  is just a simple flag in the index header.

  Of course, a significant amount of raw SQL is stored in the database
  file (like all the table, index, and view definitions).  If you use
  newer features and SQL structures in your database, there may be
  other versioning issues.  Just because the file format is backwards
  compatible doesn't always mean the database is.

   -j

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs.  We have
 a protractor."   "I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler
 and a piece of string."  --from Anathem by Neal Stephenson