daniel.hagl...@trafikverket.se wrote:
> There seems to be lots of information in the mailing list regarding read-only
> databases and locking when it comes to databases on
> disk. Both locking and read-only mode seems to be functionality requiring a
> file on disk. Is it even possible to have locking or
> read-only mode with in-memory databases?

An in-memory database can never be accessed by more than one connection, so
locking is moot. A read-only in-memory database makes no sense: the database is
empty when created, so if you can't write to it, it will remain empty. What
good is a database with no data in it?

> I am building a cache that will be publicly available. This is done using an
> SQLite  :memory: database for storage. I want to
> fill a table with data and then make it read-only to prevent any SQL
> injection attempts. Regular SQL injection mitigation
> techniques such as parameterization is not possible in this application. In a
> stand-alone database engine this could have been
> handled with access control but using SQLite I see no way to prevent SQL
> Injection in my specific application.

You can do access control via sqlite3_set_authorizer:
http://sqlite.org/c3ref/set_authorizer.html
--
Igor Tandetnik