N.B. Queries with LIKE will not use an index if the particular
implementation of SQLite overrides LIKE. The .NET implementation I'm
familiar with has done so; the OP's may have done so too. However, GLOB was
left intact and does make use of an index on "starts with" and "equals"
substring searches.

GLOB is case-sensitive.

select * from products  where description GLOB 'shirt*'

Note the asterisk wildcard instead of the percent-symbol.

Regards
Tim Romano
Swarthmore PA

Regards