Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> writes:
>> Although I see that it can return false in this case if another thread
>> is inside pthreadMutexEnter and optimizer has switched order of
>> assignment of the values to owner and nRef inside pthreadMutexEnter
>> (it is allowed to do so because variables are not volatile). Is it
>> possible to see exact disassembly of the executable in question?
>
> This is a report from another user, who does frequent this mailing list as
> well so hopefully he can provide that.

Yeah, I'm around. I don't know what an "exact disassembly" is or how to
provide one, but if someone tells me what to do then I'm most likely
willing to do it.

> I believe the code was compiled on a
> standard 32 bit i386 Ubuntu Lucid system.

Correct. Also, it only happens when apsw is compiled with -g.

> This user reported this being hard to repeat and that there is lots of
> threading involved.

Almost. I can actually reproduce it at will, but it's very hard to
reduce it to a small test case (I have to run the program with several
threads for a while for it to happen).

Best,

   -Nikolaus