>Running in sqlite application in Virtual Box, attempt to open a
>database with sqlite from a shared network folder
>\\Vboxsvr\testdata  however the open16 and openv2 (with read
>only)  both fail --- rc = 14.  File opens file if moved locally to
>hard drive.
>
>using latest version of sqlite3 3.6.23.1
>
>this seems to be a bug in the open code of sqlite when accessing a
>file across a network.

I don't believe so: I use several bases which I open with MS short UNC
syntax 200 times a day without any problem ever (using vanilla 3.6.23.1).

Your issue is elsewhere.  Make sure the account you use has enough
rights to the destination folder and check you can access it with, for
instance, a innocent application like a hex editor or a third-party
SQLite manager.