I am simply curious, and want to expand my knowledge of this --

1. sqlite3 code is in public domain.
2. sqlite mark is trademarked.
3. sqlite3 encryption extension is licensed and for a fee, and comes
with a contract to not distribute it further.
4. sqlite code tests are available as long as they are in the
non-amalgamated source tree.
5. other "more complete" code tests are proprietary and closed source.

I am curious about the reason for #5 being the way it is. Simply
curious, not judgmental.

Fwiw, I never 'make test' sqlite... I just download and install it.
Same with the version that comes with DBD::SQLite other than any tests
that the Perl installation might do.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org