Simon Slavin wrote:

> BLOBs can handle any sequences of bytes without problems,
> including nulls, ETX, and sequences which be illegal if they were used to
> express Unicode characters.  You can put anything you like in a BLOB.

I assume, due to the manifest typing semantics of the library, that
the declared type of the column will make no difference when I bind a
weird datum to a variable (as long as it's not an 'INTEGER PRIMARY KEY'
column).

Will sqlite3_bind_text work properly if the string contains (internal)
nulls?  What if I did something like:

char zText[100];
memset(zText, 0, sizeof(zText));
sqlite3_bind_text(stmt, idx, zText, sizeof(zText), SQLITE_TRANSIENT);

According to a strict reading of the doc, sqlite will blindly copy
sizeof(zText) characters (starting from zText[0]) into the column.
That is, this will store 100 null bytes into the column.  Is that
right?

Eric

--
Eric A. Smith

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    -- Yogi Berra