Hi,

I'm a noobie. I would have liked to first search this forum, but I don't
even know the search terms I should use ...

I'm using the firefox plugin "Sqlite Manager" to manipulate the data.

Question:

I have two tables:

TABLE 1:
Chinese Char. No.  Chinese Char.
1                         Char1
2                         Char2
3                         Char3
4                         Char4
5                         Char5

TABLE 2:
Chinese Char. No.  English Def. No.    English Def.
1                        1                   Def1
2                        2                   Def2
2                        3                   Def3
3                        4                   Def4
4                        5                   Def5
4                        6                   Def6
5                        7                   Def7

So, these are two tables, one for the Chinese characters, and one for the
English definition of the characters. Some of the Chinese characters have
multiple definitions, so the "Chinese" table has 30.000 lines and the
"English" table has 50.000 lines.

I'd like to import the Chinese table into the English one:

Chinese Char. No.  Chinese Char.        English Def. No.    English Def.
1                       Char1                   1               Def1
2                       Char2                   2               Def2
                                                3               Def3
3                       Char3                   4               Def4
4                       Char4                   5               Def5
                                                6               Def6
5                       Char5                   7               Def7

And, I'd like the blank spaces filled with the value that is in the cell
above them:

Chinese Char. No.  Chinese Char.        English Def. No.    English Def.
1                       Char1                   1               Def1
2                       Char2                   2               Def2
2                       Char2                   3               Def3
3                       Char3                   4               Def4
4                       Char4                   5               Def5
4                       Char4                   6               Def6
5                       Char5                   7               Def7

Can this be done?

Thank you very much for any reply!