Indeed, Igor, it is documented behavior, but my point was to reply to the
OP, who had written ruefully about SQLite's laissez-faire approach to
datatypes. For the OP's benefit, I wanted to demonstrate the behavior, show
what can be done with CAST, and then finally to show what can be done with
CAST in a CHECK constraint. Using a CAST in the CHECK constraint can prevent
the insertion of REALS into a column one has defined as INTEGER. It's
possible to turn loose-loafer-wearing SQLite into a veritable buttoned-down
wing-tipped data martinet.
Regards
Tim Romano
Swarthmore PA