On 25 Jul 2010, at 10:00am, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, if I let Revolution encrypt the
> entire database file, I have to save a decrypted file to disk before I
> can access it with SQLite. I was hoping there were a trick to let
> SQLite do the encryption without having to recompile the add-on
> mentioned in me earlier post and without having to decrypt the entire
> file before accessing it.

The only solution left by those considerations would be to encrypt each field
separately.  It would be slow and it would expand the filesize but there's no
reason why it wouldn't work as long as Revolution is strong enough to implement
a good encryption routine.  You'll need to write your own front end to some of
the SQLite functions.

Simon.