From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of john knops
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:57 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] Re Populating a database from a file

Thanks for the prompt reply.
What form should the file take. I've tried enclosing the data for each
column in double quotes and separating them with either a comma, tab or
space but I get an error "expected 5 columns but only found 1. Using | I
get "datatype mismatch"
Also when I use .dump does it destroy the table or just copies it t a
text file?