> Is there any way to have them committed by
> default? Basically I *only* want the transaction rolled back in case of an
> explicit rollback statement, not due to program crash/power failure, etc. Does
> anyone know of a way of doing this?

You can avoid transaction begin/commit statements, so that every
statement is in its own transaction and automatically committed at the
end of execution. Otherwise if program crashes there's no way to know
what non-corrupted state should database be in while transaction is
not fully committed yet.

Pavel