TeDe <tede_1...@gmx.de> escribió:

>  Hello,
>
> I want to import a big subset of data from one database to a new one. I
> attach the two databases together and use
>
> insert into customers select * from source.customers where name LIKE 'x%'
>
> I can approximately calculate, how big the new database will grow. Is
> there a way to tell SQLite to reserve an inital space or numer of pages
> instead of letting the database file grow again and again? I'm looking
> for a way to speed up the import.

If whole database fits in ram you can:

a) make a the new database :memory based, dump it at reload to a physical one

b) make a ramdisk, create there the new db, dump when done and reload
to a disk one

Sqlite does this reservation already, but only a few pages. Perhaps
you can modify the hard coded value.