Quoth Mike Zang <mikez...@yahoo.co.jp>, on 2010-08-22 17:51:05 +0900:
> I have  two ideas for converting.
>
> 1. convert 1 file to 1 table, so that I will have about 5000 tables in
> SQLIte3 database, and any file will have about 3000 records.
>
> 2. convert all 5000 files to 1 table, there will be 15000000 records.
>
> Please give a suggestion before I start my programming.

This doesn't say very much.  It depends a lot on what kind of files
these are.  In general, I would recommend picking whatever is most
semantically appropriate first, and then optimizing later.  SQLite
scales well to millions of records for the most part, but your data
may have unusual characteristics that you haven't mentioned.

Since you mention the possibility of placing the data from all the
files in a single table, does this imply that all the files contain
the same type of records with the same meaning?  If so, that may
indicate that a single table solution is more appropriate so that any
subset of the records can be selected at once.

   ---> Drake Wilson