Can the Error message returned by a trigger be an expression? My testing seems
to indicate that you can only put a string literal in the Raise function.

What I am trying to do is return the data that the trigger was looking at when
it raised the error.

My application can insert one to four records at a time. I do an "INSERT ...
SELECT ... WHERE BATCH=?" The select is a complicated join of 4 tables, so
there is no rowid that I could select against.

I would like to know which of the inserted records caused the error. What I
would ideally like to return is the concatenation of the text in two column
along with the problem encountered.

Is there another way I can I determine the bad record? (Other than selecting
each source record individually then binding and inserting them individually.)

Thanks,
David