After some days of test the application work fine and with VMMap I see
small value of mapped file and I see only 1 instance of -shm allocated,
some times 2 but it's all ok. So I'll wait for the next amalgamation
release to have an official sources for that fix.
When do you think will be released?

Il 13/09/2010 8.18, Michele Pradella ha scritto:
>    Ok I think that the latest patch I used to try the WAL is the patch
> that fix the problem. I do not get wasted memory by mapped file ;) good
> job. Anyway I leave the application running this day. If I have news
> I'll tell you.
> Just a question: when you plan to release a new version of sqlite with
> this patches?
>
> Il 10/09/2010 20.46, Max Vlasov ha scritto:
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Shane Harrelson<sh...@sqlite.org>   wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to reproduce this, and could not.
>>>
>>> There are some questions inline below.    Additionally, I want to
>>> verify that you've tried this with a version of SQLite containing the
>>> previously linked fix.
>>>

>> Shane, the fix helped, the thread is a bit mixed, the information I posted
>> (and you had questions about) was about non fixed 3_7_2, now I finally did
>> the test with the patched library.2,000,000 appends were made without any
>> problem.
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Michele Pradella<
>> michele.prade...@selea.com>   wrote:
>>
>>> ...connection do the operation that in my situation cause the -shm Mapped
>>> File grow up, Am I sure that sqlite do not waste application's memory
>>> even if I never close the DB connection? is just a question, and anyway
>>> I got my application running to test this behavior.
>>>

>> Michele, I think, giving this calculation, you can be sure of about 2G*128/2
>> (~128G) size of the db till the mapped address space is out. But are you
>> sure you want appending without committing for months? I doubt you consider
>> the saved information valuable in this case since  a chance of a power or
>> system failure is higher and higher each day :)
>>
>> Max

Selea s.r.l.

        Michele Pradella R&D

        SELEA s.r.l.