On 11/18/10 8:57 PM, "Dan Kennedy" <danielk1...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11/19/2010 05:22 AM, Duquette, William H (316H) wrote:
> On 11/18/10 2:16 PM, "Drake Wilson"<dr...@begriffli.ch>  wrote:
>
> Quoth "Duquette, William H (316H)"<william.h.duque...@jpl.nasa.gov>, on
> 2010-11-18 14:08:10 -0800:
>> It seems to me that it shouldn't be necessary for SQLite to evaluate
>> FOO's comparison function when doing queries on mytable; the
>> collation order should be implicit in the mykey column's index.  Is
>> this in fact the case?
>
> When doing which queries?
>
> How do you propose to look up a key value in the index without using
> the collation function?
>
> I was thinking of queries like
>
>      SELECT mykey FROM mytab ORDER BY mykey

The collation sequence callback will not be invoked in that
case. SQLite will just iterate from start to finish of the
index b-tree. You do need to have the collation sequence
registered when compiling the query though.

Dan.

Thanks, Dan.  That's what I was expecting. :-)

Will Duquette -- william.h.duque...@jpl.nasa.gov
Athena Development Lead -- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
"It's amazing what you can do with the right tools."