Hello,

Let me start by saying that I'm aware that sqlite3_get_table() should not be
used (as per the documentation). I'm curious about one thing though: if the
computer/device has sufficient memory to hold the result set returned by
sqlite3_get_table(), wouldn't it be more optimized performance-wise than
calling sqlite3_step N times to obtain the same result set?

Sounds like sqlite3_get_table() would take less time to access the storage
subsystem as opposed to sqlite_step() with multiple roundtrips, at the expense
of using lots more RAM, of course. So assuming RAM wasn't an issue, why not use
sqlite3_get_table()? Why is its usage being discouraged?

Thanks,

-- Tito