At 14:26 26/11/2010, you wrote:

>N.b., there is a severe bug (pointers calculated based on truncated
>16-bit
>values above plane-0) in a popular Unicode-properties SQLite extension.
>The extension only attempts covering a few high-plane characters—if
>memory
>serves, three of thhem in array 198; but with the high-bits snipped
>off, I
>rather doubt those will be what is actually affected.  I attempted
>contacting the author about the bug last year when I discovered it, but
>was unable to find a private contact method on a brief glance through
>the
>author’s site.  Perhaps the bug has been fixed by now; I never checked
>back; anyone who intelligently investigates compiler warnings would
>not be
>bitten anyway.  I write off the whole episode as a victory for spammers.

I believe you refer to Ioannis code.  I found this 16-bit truncation
and decided to expand that trie to 32-bit in order to support those
characters correctly.  As I had many several distinct needs (still
highly related to Unicode) I decided to rewrite most of the code and
expand it in a number of directions.  Anyone interested can contact me
so I post the source.