I know this is a fundamental question, but in the book I'm using to learn
SQLite, there is no reference that I can find for what one needs to do to
create a database.  I thought that simply using a CREATE statement with a
database name included might do the trick, but alas it does not.

I went to the SQLite website and under the "SQLite in 5 minutes" page it says
to simply do this (after downloading the appropriate files, which I did) at the
dos prompt:

SQLite3 test.db

When I tried it, I received this back:

SQLite version 3.7.3
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite>

I quit out of the SQLite shell and looked for test.db and did not find it.

So my question remains. How do I create a database?
R,
John A.M. Darnell
Senior Programmer
Walsworth Publishing Company
Brookfield, MO
John may also be reached at
johnamdarn...@gmail.com<mailto:johnamdarn...@gmail.com>

Trivia SF question:  In the movie, THE MATRIX, just before Neo and Trinity take
a harrowing ride up an elevator shaft holding on to an elevator cable, Neo
mutters a single phrase. What is that phrase?