On 11 Dec 2010, at 8:18am, Vander Clock Stephane wrote:

> I know this trick, but it's a little longer to do than simply manually
> increate the file DB size ?
> my test show it's work, i m just currious why we can not do like this ?

Fragmentation does not make much difference in any operating system except
Windows.  Even under Windows, the actual speed improvement you get from
defragmentation only lasts until the file gets a little fragmented again, which
is usually not long.

Try your file with and without fragments and see what actual time improvement
you get.

Simon.