Quoth Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org>, on 2010-12-17 15:12:58 -0500:
> Can somebody with windows-foo please explain to me what I need to do to
> vs2010 so that it generates exe file that doe not depend on non-standard
> DLLs?

AFAIK, the platform-approved solution is to distribute the C runtime
library with your application.  If you're using Visual Studio, that's
from the Visual Studio SDK Redistributable Components packages.

This has resulted in a certain outcry on the Web of people trying to
figure out how to link with the now-Windows-internal MSVCRT library
directly.  AIUI it's gotten harder over time.  It's not really a
supported approach, but articles like [1] insist on figuring out how
to do it anyway; you can likely find similar topics elsewhere.

Also see [2] from MSDN, particularly section "What is the difference
between msvcrt.dll and msvcr100.dll?".

[1]
http://kobyk.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/dynamically-linking-with-msvcrtdll-using-visual-c-2005/
[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh.aspx