> You are great!
> This is really possible in this case.
> The application runs as a daemon and closes all file handles at startup.
>
> Now I need to check what this library is doing

One of quick solutions to this (without examining library) is to
reopen std* handles to point to /dev/null, so that you protect
yourself from these issues. But if you need those logs your library is
writing then you still need to examine it to understand how to force
it to write to some specific file.

Pavel