On 1/10/2011 8:52 PM, Chris Peachment wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 19:54 -0500, Richard Hipp wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> This is, technically, a compatibility break.  On the other hand, there
>> appear to be vast numbers of smartphone applications that currently depend
>> on undefined behavior and will suddenly stop working if we don't make this
>> change.
>>

> What's wrong with using a new function: sqlite3_step_v2()

Presumably, it would be just as difficult to get those broken apps to
switch to sqlite3_step_v2 as it would be to get them fixed in the first
place. They are stuck calling sqlite3_step - incorrectly - so the only
remaining move is to modify the behavior of sqlite3_step itself, to
allow them to muddle through.
--
Igor Tandetnik