On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I experimented with artificial power loss (using hd box) and 3.7.4 both
> library and shell didn't restore the files to the initial state. 3.6.10
> restores successfully.

This is a kind of repost, there wasn't any answer for my initial one. Please
let me know is this bug or not a bug, I can't sleep without knowing the
truth :)

Steps to reproduce without additional test data

1. download windows shell 3.7.4 binary

2.
> sqlite testdb
> CREATE TABLE [TableOne] ([VALUE] INTEGER);
> .quit

3.
> sqlite testdb
> BEGIN TRANSACTION;
> INSERT INTO TableOne (Value) VALUES (123);

4.
while still running the shell, "unexpectedly" interrupt the executable with
some external tools (task manager for example)
after this there's a file called testdb-journal near testdb

5.
> sqlite testdb
> .quit

The result:
  testdb-journal is still there.
Expected result:
  the journal file should be deleted by sqlite.

Max Vlasov