@Jay:

Thanks for the official information.

>You'll see the slow down anytime you access anything "past" the BLOB.
>To avoid that, put the BLOBs at the end of the rows and avoid "SELECT *" style
>queries.

Yes this is exactly what I found.. The problem with putting them at the end of
the table is that if you subsequently need to add other columns there is a
problem...

@Puneet:

Thanks for the info..

>That is a known feature (issue). I am sure it is written up somewhere, but
>definitely, on this list, Richard Hipp and others have emphasized this many
>times -- search the mailing list archives.

I did not come across this information so far. It should be included somewhere
a bit more obvious...

Thanks
Rael