Hi all,

I am trying to locate any examples (if possible) that can clue me in on
taking column a and appending column b then do a pivot/group by to get the
total for each unique values... I'll try to demonstrate the base data:

*Column_1*         *Column_2*
Value A            Value C
Value B            Value A
Value C            Value D
Value D            Value E

Now, I can pivot/group on one or the other column via [select Column_1,
count(Column_1) from Table group by Column_1] but and looking for a way to
create something like a 'virtural' column by appending Column_1 and
Column_2... Not sure if there is an easier way than creating a temp table
with the data and pivoting that way...????

-Joe