From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Mickey Mestel [mmes...@epocrates.com]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 3:03 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] EXT :Re:  long insert statement failing on iPhone

michael,

> Well that's one you never mentioned...it works on the version with the SDK?

        it's on the second to last line of my original message, an easy place
to miss.  i should have put it in a more prominent place, as it is key.

> What version of sqlite comes with that?  And why are you upgrading sqlite?

        3.6.23.2 is what comes with the SDK.  i was only able to find 3.6.23.1
out there, but close enough i'm sure.

        this is probably a good place to bring this up.   there is a bit of
legacy here, but the basics are that they want to encrypt the database, and the
encryption hooks are available with the iOS version, so they brought down the
amalgamation file and with the added encryption routines, compile that into the
project.  encryption seems to work just fine, it's just this bug that we
recently ran into.

        these bugs can be difficult to track down, and so for a next step we
wanted to see what happens if we instead add SQLCiper to the project.

        the fact that we don't see the issue with the iOS library tends to say
that it's down in the sqlite code, but only tends to say that.

        mickm