> User also will probably execute some
> queries that do some arithmetic operations on values in that column.
> And they will be really surprised to see that not all the data is
> numbers there.

My test shows, that I can successfuly execute queries like (c is NUMERIC
column):
select c, c+100 from tab;
or
select sum(c) from tab;

It seems, that SQLite converts BLOB->TEXT->REAL when doing such queries
(of course precision is lost, but it works when storage class of value
is BLOB)

> So you better insert everything as numbers, let SQLite transform
> everything to REAL and lose precision. And tell your users that it's
> limitation of SQLite and you cannot do anything with it, only suggest
> to insert big numbers as text.

May be, I will summarize it and I will post it into FreePascal devel
mailing list ...

Thanks
Laco.