On 1 Apr 2011, at 11:31pm, Ian Strascina wrote:

> I have come across inconsistent results of queries using datetime functions
> and
> values.  I have based everything I tested off of this page:
> http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html

There's a problem with that web page.  The ISO standard separates date and time
with exactly 'T' or 't'.  Anything with 'date<space>time' isn't part of
ISO-8601.  Byt the SQLite documentation page has the following two statements:

(A) The date and time functions use a subset of IS0-8601 date and time formats.

(B) The datetime() function returns "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS"

They can't both be restrictively true.  I looked up on the web a few
expressions of ISO-8601 including the one I know best: RFC3339.  Only one used
the lower-case 't' in its own example, and then only as a comment that it was
allowed, which I actually find doubtful.  None of them used a space in its own
examples, although there does seem to be an agreement that the ability to
express a space is needed for human-readable output.

It's a pain in the arse that one has to pay for copies of the ISOs.  What do
they think we're paying them for ?  The nearest the ISO offers to this one is

http://www.iso.org/iso/date_and_time_format

Simon.