Shane:

I downloaded http://system.data.sqlite.org/sqlite-dotnetsrc-1006900.zip
and changed SQLite.NET.Settings.targets as per your recommendation.
It did not appear to solve my problem since my application threw an
exception stating that Sqlite.Interop was missing.  To be complete I
tried 3 permutations of the two options UseInteropDll and
UseSqliteStandard ( I did not try false, false).

All resulting System.Data.SQLite.DLLs threw exceptions due to a
missing InterOp DLL.  I pulled down a copy of System.Data.SQLite
1.0.66.0 and built the Managed Only version, and it appeared to work.

I will mess around some more with the project to see if I can build
the managed only version.  I was hoping to get my hands on the latest
so I was not fighting issues that may have been fixed by a release.
Thank you again for trying to help, rest assured it was appreciated.

--
Rich